New Sierra from my shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alinc100

alinc100

Hi All,
Someone posted earlier this week showing a pen with metal segments and dots of metal.
I was inspired by the look of that pen to try one myself.I used 2 part epoxy to adjoin the aluminum to the wood,drilled the blank as one piece and used 5 min epoxy to glue in the tube.The wood used are maple and padauk(I think).The dots are made from plumbing solder.I had to do the soldering a couple times as it did not bond to the wood well.After filling around the solder with CA glue and sufficient time to dry it was much better.I roughed the blank to near finished size and then drilled and applied the solder.I then sanded the blank to smooth the solder as I seemed to get alot of catches that ripped the solder out with tools.All in all I like the look and it was a good learning experience.

Thanks ,
Andy

Attachments

• IMG_0104a.jpg
    IMG_0104a.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0107a (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0107a (Medium).jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0110a (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0110a (Medium).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 173
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dana Fish

Great job Andy!

I posted that question earlier this week and am very interested in giving it a go myself but am a little nervous about taking the step.

ctubbs

Andy, thank yo for showing your beautiful pen. The fit and finish look spot on. Your solder decorations worked out very well. Congratulations on a beautiful pen.
Charles

wiset1

Now that's a great looking pen! I love the alternating pegs and the contrasting wood used. Awesome!

Top Bottom