New Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan26

Dan26

Turned this one yesterday...bloodwood, sycamore, and veneer. Feedback is welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• The-Wall-1-1.jpg
    The-Wall-1-1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

judgesawdust

I'm with Chris

Agreed. Marvelous looking writing instrument. Now, do tell. For all of us noobie, hackers, woodbutchers, etc., how do you make those segmented barrels?

I'd really love to know.

Thanks,

jeff

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Dan, you need to change your name to "Segmentation Dan". Must be getting bored again. All joking aside that may be the best one yet.Looks like I'm gonna have to come up one weekend. Still trying to set my saw up to cut segments.

aggromere

that is really incredible. I am in awe of you guys that can make those intricate segmented blanks. My segmented blanks have pieces of finger in them.

Dan26

Thanks everyone. I love doing these while listening to the ballgame. Hans, I will try an eight way. I'm thinking of some other things to go with the segments too.

Chris, here's how I do it...cut, glue, rotate...cut, glue...slice, slice, slice, etc....glue, glue, glue, etc...drill and turn. That's really it. In the library, do a search for segmenting, there is a lot of great folks who did a great job explaining the process.

Top Bottom