New Rock---30/06---Bloodwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

I bought this Bloodwood real Cheap---it's almost a rusty orange color.
Gave some away but I keep most of it---heck I would never sell orange Bloodwood. Well I have owned it for about a year and needed a good hardwood for this effort so I gave it a try. I like the color just fine shows the grain real nice.
Did trade the Geodes in for this Rock---Caseing still 30/06

2005724175623_orange2.jpg

2005724175710_orange3.jpg

200572417586_orange4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
KInd of neat the way the lower one defys gravity!Must have one of those brass magnets.
How about a picure of just the pens on a plain background?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Nice job on these and your other casing pens, Gary. I think your ugly bloodwood may actually be some very nice padauk! (Judging by the pics)

BigRob777

Hi Folks,
Those casing pens have intrigued me, since I first saw one on this forum. I am a former Marine, so it gets me right about here... Anyway, regarding the wood, I have seen padauk that was red and I have had bloodwood that had a large orange section, near a knot or crotch. As this wood looks like it is open grained, I would vote padauk, since bloodwood is very closed grained, in comparison. Nice work Gary, no matter what kind of wood it is. I think the orange hue goes well with the brass too.

elody21

Both pens are very beautiful!! I happen to love bloodwood, especially the smell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom