The New PSI American Patriot Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kyaggie

kyaggie

Howdy all,

Here is a group of the new American Patriot Pens from PSI with antique brass and antique pewter hardware. I really like the hardware for this kit as well as the finished pen and turning them is very easy. The wood barrels are fairly short so you can get away with using a blank that is ~3.5". The tube size is 3/8" but the OD of the pen is 0.48" so you have quite a bit of meat left on the finished barrel. Assembly is straight forward, just be sure to use a block with a hole in it to press the center band on so as to not damage the threads. The only problem that I had is that on the antique pewter pens there is a bit of a burr on the inside of the threaded coupler for the transmission that makes for a snug fit for a Schmidt Easy Flow 9000 refill (the stick on label makes it a little thicker than the stock refill). However, a little in and out action with an appropriately sized Harbor Freight punch rod wore it off easily to correct the problem.

From left to right (the first 4 are antique brass and the last 4 are antique pewter): spalted oak, ambrosia maple, buckeye burl, mesquite burl, mesquite burl, buckeye burl, ambrosia maple, spalted oak. The finish is Wood Doctor's Pens Plus.

Attachments

• Patriot-Pens.jpg
    Patriot-Pens.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 368
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

I like them. They would make a great presentation pen to those who serve our country to thank them for their service.
They might be a little bit thick to carry in service uniforms, but would really show appreciation.
Thanks for showing and your work on them is right on.
gordon

Top Bottom