New process on Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MrWright

MrWright

Passed Away Oct 12, 2022
In Memoriam
Been trying something new for me, and trying out that HDR thing. Did a clear acrylic pour with a different method. A Slimline with a wider band, and maybe a little too gold color. The stuff I used in the design was really not what I was looking for. Anyway....

Attachments

• IMG_0300_1_2_tonemapped.jpg
    IMG_0300_1_2_tonemapped.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 350
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

photo

Been trying something new for me, and trying out that HDR thing. Did a clear acrylic pour with a different method. A Slimline with a wider band, and maybe a little too gold color. The stuff I used in the design was really not what I was looking for. Anyway....

:):) Your pen looks quite nice! I see you got rid of the blue backround. Notice how you pen is darker on the left side and you can see a shadow behind the right cube. There is also a reflection on the right barrel of your pen. This tells me you had a light on behind you. When you take your photos, turn off all other lights and close all the shades if it is light outside. This is not a criticiam, only a friendly aid to make your photos clearer. Keep up the good work. Jim S

76winger

probably not the best subject to try the HDR on because it brought out the edge of the clear resin, which makes for a somewhat ghostly looking image. I'd like to see the the pen in a normal photo, because it otherwise looks pretty good!

MrWright

Passed Away Oct 12, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks for all comments. I had NO artificial light on the subject pen. I took the picture on my dinning room table, in a light box, no lights attached. Homemade light box, top and left and right side cut out and white cloth covered. I have a window on the right side of the lightbox, no window on the left side (only kitchen) and a window behind me. Camera on a table tripod, pointing down toward the pen about 8" from pen. I took three pictures plus2, 0, minus 2, as I was going to try it out on PhotoMax. Maybe had I shaded the pen a little darker or the background a little darker you could not see thru' it. Maybe using a different larger tube and turn closer would help. Thanks again for the comments as I really appreciate them.

76winger

Thanks for all comments. I had NO artificial light on the subject pen. I took the picture on my dinning room table, in a light box, no lights attached. Homemade light box, top and left and right side cut out and white cloth covered. I have a window on the right side of the lightbox, no window on the left side (only kitchen) and a window behind me. Camera on a table tripod, pointing down toward the pen about 8" from pen. I took three pictures plus2, 0, minus 2, as I was going to try it out on PhotoMax. Maybe had I shaded the pen a little darker or the background a little darker you could not see thru' it. Maybe using a different larger tube and turn closer would help. Thanks again for the comments as I really appreciate them.

If this is going to remain your light source, you could inexpensively help out lighting on the left side by setting up (or have an assistant hold) a white poster board on the left side of your box. This will reflect a little light into the left side to help even it out a bit more. Alternatively, one of the silver reflectors you can buy to put in car windshields to reflect heat away would also work well for the purpose.

Top Bottom