maxman400

New Lathe $180
Drill Press $ 109
PSI Chuck $ 89
Tools $ 49
All of the Odds and ends $ ???????
Finding a New PINE CONE to make Great Pen out of to help pay for everything
PRICELESS!!!!

I have been kicking these pine cones around for the last twenty years where I work. They fall out of the trees that line the sidewalk, and are all over the sidewalk. And since they are round, one good hard kick and they will roll for a long ways. Well I stopped kicking and started picking them up. I put a few of them into a 1" PVC pipe and mixed up some green, and yellow with pearl Alumilite and poured it in to the tube then put it in the pressure pot. It has a CA/ BLO Finish and has been MM to 12000. Tubes have been painted white and is on a black Ti Cigar. This one was sold as soon as I told one of my co workers what I was going to do with the cones.
Any comments or suggestions welcome, Thanks for looking! :biggrin:

Attachments

• New Pine Cone 026_edited-1.jpg
    New Pine Cone 026_edited-1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 321
  • New Pine Cone 031_edited-1.jpg
    New Pine Cone 031_edited-1.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 434
  • New Pine Cone 043_edited-1.jpg
    New Pine Cone 043_edited-1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 290
  • New Pine Cone 052_edited-1.jpg
    New Pine Cone 052_edited-1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 291
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

Well my friend, you've gone and done it again. Beautiful pen. It will catch someones eye real quick, but wait, you have already sold it!!!

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
That is really one beauty of a pen! You know that all the colors remind me of? Some underwater wonder. You did a wonder with that cone!

maxman400

Thanks Cathy, As I was turning it I thought the the cones looked like Islands as they started to show through the Alumilite.

RAdams

Banned
REALLY COOL PEN! man i gotta try this pinecone business. cool stuff indeed! I just wonder if it would work with PR.

Top Bottom