New pens today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from swm6500

Status
Not open for further replies.

swm6500

Here are three pens I did today. Crushed velvet, yellow poplar burl and my second antler pen.

2005326235259_bluevelvet.jpg

2005326235318_yellow%20poplar%20burl2.jpg

2005326235337_antlerpen2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Great craftmanship Sam. I like the design. Antler is difficult to work with because of the veining (pithy) areas. Ther is a thread about filling it w/ CA until it is filled. I have also used Ca & antler dust then sanded. One guy said he would test with his tongue, w/ my luck I would end up having a pen sticking in my mouth rather than my foot LOL.

swm6500

Originally posted by pastorbill1952
<br />Great craftmanship Sam. I like the design. Antler is difficult to work with because of the veining (pithy) areas. Ther is a thread about filling it w/ CA until it is filled. I have also used Ca & antler dust then sanded. One guy said he would test with his tongue, w/ my luck I would end up having a pen sticking in my mouth rather than my foot LOL.
Bill, I have not had to deal with any of the pith with the two antler pens that I have made. I have some antler that looks like I will have to deal with some pithy areas on, but have not yet. Deal with it when I get to them I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom