New pens, terrible photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxwell_smart007

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I still have no idea how to take a good picture of a pen, (or rather no time to learn yet) but here are my three latest pens:

I really like the Cocobolo Baron - it's my new daily user!

Attachments

• DSCF4250.jpg
    DSCF4250.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCF4241.JPG
    DSCF4241.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCF4244.JPG
    DSCF4244.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 213
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I still have no idea how to take a good picture of a pen,
Hi Andrew; If you have a Macro or SuperMacro setting, use that on full width on your regular lens. What camera?, not that I'm an expert by any stretch of ones imagination.

I really like the Cocobolo Baron - it's my new daily user!
Make sure it gets seen, great advertising! Ball Point or Rollerball?

The middle one does nothing for me. I'm not a big fan of curves.

I have a Sierra Click in the Blue Acrylic like your Sierra Twist . It gets some interest, but no sale yet.

Nice pens!

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Hi Andrew; If you have a Macro or SuperMacro setting, use that on full width on your regular lens. What camera?, not that I'm an expert by any stretch of ones imagination.

Make sure it gets seen, great advertising! Ball Point or Rollerball?

The middle one does nothing for me. I'm not a big fan of curves.

I have a Sierra Click in the Blue Acrylic like your Sierra Twist . It gets some interest, but no sale yet.

Nice pens!

The acrylic sold really quickly for me...clicks don't sell at ALL though. THe middle one was designed for my fiance, who loves it - she really likes the streamline kit, and it's a big hit with ladies. I think it's fast become my biggest seller...

I don't sell any Barons, but they're a very nice kit to work with. I think that the 40 dollar window is impossible to break through in my market...that's ok, means more nice pens for me! :wink:

As far as 'regular lens,' I only have an el cheapo digital camera....actually, it's my fiance's camera. Mine protested quite loudly to being thrown out of a backpack that I was slinging onto my shoulder...the pavement and the camera had a wee argument, and the camera lost.

I'll try some different settings on her camera, and EVENTUALLY make a light-box for it....too much to do, so little turning time as it is!

ANdrew

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
and EVENTUALLY make a light-box for it
Andrew; I'm of the opinion that a light box is much over-rated for our type of photography. The one essential (3 to be exact, 4 possibly) are the bulbs you use for lighting.

I'm using 3 GE Daylight 6500K (26W = 100W) on cheap ($15 CTC) bulb holders. My pictures, while certainly not professional quality, turn out very nicely each time.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
I had no idea you needed that much light, Mack! I was taking the pictures in my living room on the table by the fish tank! Mind you, my pictures suck, so maybe you're on to something! :wink:

I'll have to give serious thought to reading some of the tutorials out there on photography! Thanks for the advice, Mack!

Andrew

Top Bottom