New pens with epoxy finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from low_48

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_48

Added a new picture to my albumn and here. The pen at right is soft maple with a 5 minute epoxy finsh, right off a rubber squeegee. Absolutely no sanding or polishing. It has just a minor rippling if you hold it just so into a light. Center pen is Osage Burl with CA finish, no BLO added, sanded and polished. Pen at left is Osage Burl with 5 minute epoxy finish, sanded and polished. I went at this too soon, 3 hours, and it was too soft. My shop is a little humid right now and the epoxy was slow. The soft maple is almost too large in diameter. With this thick of finish I will have to get to the bushings or slightly smaller. All of this was for experimentation. I gave a pretty detailed description in penturning under a post from Chuck about epoxy finsih. I used the System 3 epoxy.

Image Insert:
2004920144915_epoxy_2.jpg

43.69KB

C_Ludwigsen

Rich. Thank you very much. These are truly beautiful. You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for doing the leg-work on this.

Can you email me about some of that Osage Orange and Burl that you have. You did all this hard work, I owe you some business [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom