New pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ragz

ragz

Finally got to turn some pens after my down time when I discovered I'm now allergic to some wood species and CA. Was nice to get back to turning.
Churchill in red goldenrod
b_000428.jpg

Whitetail Deer and 30-06
000801.jpg

Some of my recent commissions - top is African Blackwood bottom is Bloodwood will be 10 of each when the order is complete
001405.jpg

001434.jpg

The end view with mod
001559.jpg

And a miserable piece of wood if there ever was one. Dakota Burl on 2 tone Pacifica
001029.jpg

Thanks for looking and of course all comments welcome
Cheers
Bill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ragz

Nick,
It's one of the US Navy Mustang logos for a retiring Warrant Officer. The lettering on the bottom says Mustang Retired. She bought 20 of them to give as gifts to the participants in her ceremony. It's actually embedded into the end cap so that the pen can still stand on it's end as designed

Mike,
Great job on the Panache pens... I'm former navy also and when I was stationed on Guam in early 60's, the base commander was a full Captain that was a mustanger.. those guys were cool since they came up the ranks and knew what the 'ordinary' seaman's life was like in the fleet.

I like to make the Panache, but don't find them to be a big seller, so I only do one occasionally for the fun of it.

Haven't tried a Churchill yet, but that red one is really attractive.

Keep up the good work and watch out for those toxic woods... I've gone to turning in a smock that is long sleeved and a velcro closure at the throat because I'm also allergic or sensitive to some of the woods I turn.... CA doesn't bother me, except makes my eyes water if I don't have proper ventilation... so I always have a 20" box fan and the dust collector going behind my back to blow the fumes away.

Top Bottom