New pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

I turned the amboyna SL and the corncob JG yesterday, the rest I did today. From left to right we have curly walnut (purpleheart oops bands), corn cob, buckeye burl, amboyna, blue acrylester, red acrylester, and king wood. Comments/critiques welcome!

2006107201431_ecclecticmix.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marc Phillips

Wow... I like them all! .... the shape on the slimlines looks cool... are they comfy?

The "oops" bands... I am curious about that... whenever I have butchered a blank on the lathe, it ended up in the trash... Did you turn off the "oops" and then glue on the purpleheart?

Woodnknots

Originally posted by Marc Phillips
<br />Wow... I like them all! .... the shape on the slimlines looks cool... are they comfy?

The "oops" bands... I am curious about that... whenever I have butchered a blank on the lathe, it ended up in the trash... Did you turn off the "oops" and then glue on the purpleheart?
Yes, I used a thin parting tool. I only had an oops on one end, but I figured it would look unbalanced that way, so I do both ends. The purple heart I drilled, then cut pieces square with my chop saw.

As for the SL shape. It's very comfy. I experimented with alot of SL shapes in my earlier days, as this is one I went to just for the sake of time and ease of shaping. This is by far the most comfortable shape I have done for a SL.

woodmarc

They all look great. I think that is the first time I've actually seen curly walnut![:)] That has to be my favorite of the bunch as well.

I think I will have to see If I can get some of that. Anyone.....

Woodnknots

Originally posted by woodmarc
<br />They all look great. I think that is the first time I've actually seen curly walnut![:)] That has to be my favorite of the bunch as well.

I think I will have to see If I can get some of that. Anyone.....

I have some left from a tree that I harvested earlier this year. I would be willing to trade some for something really nice.[:D][}:)]

Radman

Originally posted by Marc Phillips
<br />
I've not tried an oops band yet. Whenver I have a blowout of such, I turn all the way down to the bushings, sand 'em smooth and reuse them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom