New Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wdcav1952

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Now that I think I have learned reasonably well how to size my photos, prepare to see some more of my pens. The top pen is of white birch from my front yard, the middle pen is from a piece of pine found under the boards of a 70 year old house by a friend of mine, and the bottom pen is cedar from my brother's retirement house in Arkansas.

Thanks for looking,

200522221228_White%20Birch,%20Pine,%20Cedar.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

opfoto

Ok... The 1st is my favorite...no the 2nd one...maybe its the 3rd. All righty then I like them all!!! Good job with all of them.

woodpens

Very nice looking pens, William. I also like the idea of having a reference to the source of wood that a pen was made from. I had a customer send me a piece of Java Plum that Thomas Edison actually planted on his estate in Fort Myers, FL. I was going to market it as such, but city officials quickly squashed that idea as a copyright infringement. They bought the Edison/Ford estate from the widow for $1.00. I don't remember if it was Edison's or Henry Ford's widow. Anyway, they stopped the guy who was a security guard from sending me anymore wood even though the tree had been cut down.

Gary

Very nice, William. There is a guy here where I live that is an acomplished penturner and sells a lot of pens. All of them are from trees of historical significance throughout Texas. I need to find out how he is getting his wood.

Lou

Interesting that they believed they were protected by copyright. Was this very long ago? Do you still have the wood? I think you'll find they have no leg to stand on--wooden or other.
Originally posted by woodpens
<br />I was going to market it as such, but city officials quickly squashed that idea as a copyright infringement. They bought the Edison/Ford estate from the widow for $1.00. I don't remember if it was Edison's or Henry Ford's widow. Anyway, they stopped the guy who was a security guard from sending me anymore wood even though the tree had been cut down.

Tom McMillan

Nice pens Bill!!! OK, so what happened to your brother's "retirement" house in Arkansas---is it still standing???? Or is it now in thousands of "pen blanks"?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom