New pen turner - my 3rd and 4th attempts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dave Turner

Dave Turner

After turning a few pens, I think I've caught the bug. There is so much to learn and the IAP is an extraordinary site from which to learn. The chrome Atlas kit made with Bubinga is my 3rd pen. I think I've finally figured out how to do a CA finish. I'm also learning to photograph my creations. The first picture here didn't show the glassy shine of the finish, so I just shone a flashlight below the pen from the region of the camera lens. This gave me a highlight on the Bubinga's finish.

My 4th pen was my first try at Tru-stone. The red with gold matrix was a pleasure to turn using my Easy Rougher C1.

I also need to tweak my photography. The reflections from the metallic pen parts are a challenge. I'll soon be building a light box to help control these. My thanks to everyone for all the useful information on this site.

Dave

Attachments

• Atlas Chrome - Bubinga.jpg
    Atlas Chrome - Bubinga.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 204
  • Atlas Chrome - Bubinga highlight.jpg
    Atlas Chrome - Bubinga highlight.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 211
  • WSII gold-titanium Red Tru-stone.jpg
    WSII gold-titanium Red Tru-stone.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

Great job on both. The tru-stone pen is really good. When I turned that style kit for the first time I had problems seeing that the body was thin enough before putting it together. Nice a slender, and well done!

Top Bottom