New Pen Turner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from opaquemango

opaquemango

Hey guys and girls, I am just starting out in pen turning and just wanted to share with you what i have made so far. The first one is made of ebony and i just made it today. the second is my first ever segmented pen made of maple, purple heart, and a gift card. the third is made of curly maple and has the medical pen clip( this one actually sold). the next is just a collection of some of the ones i have made and the last one is just maple but turned out great. so...what do you think

Attachments

• Ebony.jpg
    Ebony.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 227
  • Maple and Purple Heart Segmented.jpg
    Maple and Purple Heart Segmented.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Maple Medical.jpg
    Maple Medical.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 209
  • Collection 1.jpg
    Collection 1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 233
  • Maple.jpg
    Maple.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 191
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimm1

Michael, welcome in. This is an incredible place to learn new and exciting things. I also want to let you know that there are a bunch of us in Middle TN. We actually have a Middle Tennessee Pen turners group that meets once a month. So far, we have either met in Belleview, or at my place in Thompsons Station. We are looking to have our next meeting on June 13th.

opaquemango

Michael, welcome in. This is an incredible place to learn new and exciting things. I also want to let you know that there are a bunch of us in Middle TN. We actually have a Middle Tennessee Pen turners group that meets once a month. So far, we have either met in Belleview, or at my place in Thompsons Station. We are looking to have our next meeting on June 13th.

Thanks.
i just joined the facebook group. i hope to be able to make it to a meeting soon

mecompco

I agree--the ebony one looks great, as does the segmented one. Since you specifically asked, is it the pic or are there some fitment issues on the last one? Getting nib just right on the Slimline is tough (I know my first ones weren't great). And for some reason my mind's eye just cannot stand to look at wasp-waisted pens--just one of my hang-ups, many people seem to make them.

When you run out of Slimlines, try some bigger single tube pens--I'm finding I enjoy making them much more than the Slimlines.

Regards,
Michael

opaquemango

I agree--the ebony one looks great, as does the segmented one. Since you specifically asked, is it the pic or are there some fitment issues on the last one? Getting nib just right on the Slimline is tough (I know my first ones weren't great). And for some reason my mind's eye just cannot stand to look at wasp-waisted pens--just one of my hang-ups, many people seem to make them.

When you run out of Slimlines, try some bigger single tube pens--I'm finding I enjoy making them much more than the Slimlines.

Regards,
Michael

Thanks for the advice. and i think the problem with the last one is the picture but i am new enough that you could be right and i wouldn't know. also i am planning on doing some with bigger pens but the slimlines are just cheaper ..

Top Bottom