New pen pics in my album

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from txbob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Bob!

I just got a chance to look at the Rocket Pen. Wow! That is just the coolest thing! Excellent idea! That pen nib is shorter and blunter than most - which kit did you use? It reminds me of the Namiki Vanishing Point! Now I'm going to have to try it! Thanks!

Scott.

txbob

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
200439204826_RocketPen2.jpg
<br /> 76.68&nbsp;KB

Hi Scott,
Yes, the Namiki pen was my inspiration for trying this design. The kit used is a Woodcraft keyring pen kit, with the blunt tip and a Rotring refill. The clip is from a slimline kit. The overall length of the pen is 5.15 inches, just 0.100 shorter than a slimline.

There needs to be more space under the clip. The wood's diameter there is 0.500 now. I'd drop it to 0.480. Since the clip adds visual weight to that end of the pen, I'd make the diameter of the hump at the other end slightly larger, something like 0.495, so both humps will appear to be the same diameter. I'd also make the short piece of wood longer, so the clip doesn't rub on the other barrel as the tip is extended/retracted. The smallest diameter in the middle of the pen is 0.330.

Thanks for the compliments, [:)]
Bob S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom