New Pen "Picasso Satan"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from timcbs

timcbs

Hey Guys,

I just got this blank in on Saturday and could not wait to turn it, once I did I noticed their was a Face with Horns, so I have names it: Picasso Satan.

I purchased the blank from www.exoticblanks.com it was called Picasso #4 and was made by Jeff Powell, this guy is awesome.

I just happen to have a Limited Edition Statesman Pen Kit - Rhodium/Black Titanium Fountain in Stock, so I thought this would be the perfect blank to use on this kit.

For the finished I used 8 coats of CA and then polished to 12000 with Micro-Mesh and then Renaissance Wax Polish.

and just think 2 1/2 months ago I made my first Pen. let me know what you guy think.

Attachments

• Picasso Satan1.jpg
    Picasso Satan1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 335
  • Picasso Satan2.jpg
    Picasso Satan2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 241
  • Picasso Satan3.jpg
    Picasso Satan3.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 280
  • Picasso Satan4.jpg
    Picasso Satan4.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 212
  • Picasso Satan5.jpg
    Picasso Satan5.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 209
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
WOW !!!! That has got to be one of the wildest casts by Jeff I've seen and you got a superb finish on it too.
Well done both of you:biggrin:

BTW, I couldn't do what Dawn and Ed do:redface: I'd end up keeping ALL the custom blanks myself:biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
WOW !!!! That has got to be one of the wildest casts by Jeff I've seen and you got a superb finish on it too.
Well done both of you:biggrin:

BTW, I couldn't do what Dawn and Ed do:redface: I'd end up keeping ALL the custom blanks myself:biggrin:

There IS that temptation, Skippy!!!

The "Picasso" series is VERY unusual. Kudos to Jeff for his imagination!! and technical skill to pull it together.

Neat to see one TURNED!!! Congrats to TIM for that!! (HOW WAS IT?? I have not turned this)

There are still a few here.

workinforwood

It looks really great Tim. There's no rhyme or reason to whatever it might become, it just is what it is. Actually started out with something Roy<Oklahoman> and I were playing with about a year ago which was semi-successful but very tricky because I was making them up and he was casting them with PR. Now I cast them myself and use alumilite which seems to stick to the wood better and is far more forgiving with the drilling and turning. All the wood varieties are just scraps from my intarsia projects tossed into a mold..well not exactly just tossed, but randomly glued into a mold which is a bit time consuming and then poured. Pretty great how it gives you an exotic wood collection in a single pen. I'm happy you like them.

workinforwood

There IS that temptation, Skippy!!!

The "Picasso" series is VERY unusual. Kudos to Jeff for his imagination!! and technical skill to pull it together.

Neat to see one TURNED!!! Congrats to TIM for that!! (HOW WAS IT?? I have not turned this)

There are still a few here.

Ed...There's a whole nother box in the truck..didn't make it back from work in time, the post office was closed.:mad:

timcbs

It was easy to turn, but like any other blank you need to be careful at the end of the tubes and make sure not to chip any off the small pieces of wood. other then that it is the same as every other piece of wood.

timcbs

Hey Ed,

A while back you sent this blank to me as a Freebee and I wanted to know if you have any more like 3/4 X 6" the blank is Translucent Orange with Yellow stripes.

Attachments

• Orange1.jpg
    Orange1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Orange2.jpg
    Orange2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 109

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
WOW!!! THAT is Amber, probably the most difficult material to turn that we sell!!! YOU did a FINE job!!!

YES, I have LOTS more.

Makes a cool pen though, doesn't it???

I assume you painted the tubes. What color??? Or are they the nickle plated version?

timcbs

Hey Ed,

I left the tube unpainted so the brass color would show thru, looks kind of cool that way. I am looking for a couple of pieces 3/4 X 6" so I can make a closed end hidden clip pen, I just love it when someone ask me how did you do that!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Tim,

Just send me an email or PM. I probably don't show 6" length on Exotics, but I can certainly cut it for you.

Ed

Top Bottom