new pen material

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from laurie sullivan

I had see this little tree in my neighbor's yard. always looking at the blooms not knowing what it was and never asking. well, today I picked up one of the pods and turned it and I now know what it is.........

Banksia-spinulosa

Laurie

Attachments

• banksia-spinulosa.jpg
    banksia-spinulosa.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 357
  • DSC_02941.jpg
    DSC_02941.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 524
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chief Hill

Pretty cool. It's on a streamline too. So it's good right down to 7mm. Did you have to use a ton of thin ca? Stabilize? Special treatments?

No special treatment......except a sharp tool and nerves. I half expected it to explode on me. These pods are not the same ones I have ever seen. this tree is only about 2 1/2-3 feet tall.

sorry, but I only have 3 more until next season. I might even just plant a tree my self. :>)

thanks,

Laurie

cnirenberg

Very nice, of course your neighbor will figure out what is up when they catch you outside at 2AM with some pruners. Great looking pen.

broitblat

Very nice looking pen.

I assume this must be the little sister to the other banksia pods we've seen, but I never knew what they looked like while still "attached".

-Barry

artme

Very nice looking pen.

I assume this must be the little sister to the other banksia pods we've seen, but I never knew what they looked like while still "attached".

-Barry

I forget exactly how many species of Banksia we have in Australia, bu that is one of many. The pods, or nuts, or whatever you like to call them are quite varied, as are the flowers and the foliage.

Gorgeous, showy trees and shrubs. Worth having in a garden.

Thanks everyone. The name I put up, from what I have read, is the name of this species. I'm in L.A and we have a nursery here in one of our more affluent areas and they have some of the strangest plant and shrubs you don't find at you local H.D. I only got 4 pods but I can have the next seasons growth (usually 10 or 12). Yea me........ :>)

Laurie

Top Bottom