New Pen for Customer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cwolfs69

cwolfs69

Just finished, this evening, a cigar click pen for a customer from the gun show last weekend. By the way I really like these cigar click pens. Well the customer ordered the pen in a blank i had a fountain pen made from at the show. He wanted the pen in a "Tiger" blank as comes from woodcraft. Well i found out that blank is no longer made. I happened to have this blank in the shop, and he said he thought this would work. well, i think it more than works. dont want to brag, but i think this one is over the top.
comments please.
wades%252520pem%252520upload.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drgoretex

Beautiful!! The curves, especially as they merge smoothly into the ends, are perfect! Nicely done.

Ken

cwolfs69

Very nice pen. Where did you get the cigar click pen at?

PSI has them. they have a smooth short click action. uses same blanks, tubes and bushings as a regular cigar.
ive only made 3 so far counting this one, but they feel nice, only need one hand to use and look pretty good as well.
i just hope they hold up well, only one ive sold before this one was last weekend. haven't heard of problems yet.

Charley - Nice pen! Photo's a bit dark but the color combo looks excellent.

Yeah - I've been making click Big Bens since PSI came out with them. They get excellent reviews from most everyone who touches them.

Even though they use the same bushings/tubes, etc, they seem to be appealing to both men and women for some reason. The comments I got from the old one was it was "too big" for a woman's hand. Hmmm.

cwolfs69

i love the feel of the pen. i think it feels different because you do not twist. a little more solid maybe.
by the way, since you have been doing them a while, have you had any problems with the mechanisms. i know that is usually the problem with clickers if you have one.
thanks for the comments

Nice pen! Photo's a bit dark but the color combo looks excellent.

Yeah - I've been making click Big Bens since PSI came out with them. They get excellent reviews from most everyone who touches them.

Even though they use the same bushings/tubes, etc, they seem to be appealing to both men and women for some reason. The comments I got from the old one was it was "too big" for a woman's hand. Hmmm.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Charley - Nice pen! Photo's a bit dark but the color combo looks excellent.

Could an existing Twist Cigar be converted to a Click easily!

Charley - I've done 20 or 30 so far. Delivered better than half (I think?). No failures or returns. One thing that I noticed that I didn't like was in the instructions. They say to screw the mechanism into the coupler and press it into the body. Well, that gave me a concern. If all is OK, no problem but if the upper body is a wee bit short, the mechanism will hit whatever you're pressing with and get damaged. So I just screw the mechanism into the coupler after the coupler is installed.

Mack - Nice try, but I don't think so. There's a cap nut, a different clip assembly, a plunger and (I think) the coupler is changed - but I need to verify that. Plus the mechanism. But all the other parts are the same.

Edit - Mark - I checked and yes, the couple is significantly different.

Last edited:
Top Bottom