New pen after your suggestions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jj9ball

jj9ball

Here is my next kitless pen after asking everyone for suggestions about design. The diameter is around 14mm on the pen and 17mm on the cap. The cap did get a little long but mostly because I overthreaded the pen (takes 8 turns to put the cap on). Still not perfect but getting there. Thank you to everyone who had suggestions on my last post. I tried to take them to heart and make something that looked a little more balanced. I also used a K6 converter on this one. If anyone has ever tried one of those you'll know what I mean when I say they are awesome. Once the converter is screwed on, it is TIGHT!!! No worries about leaks in the pen. Comments always appreciated. Let me know what you think.
Jeff.

Attachments

• IMG_2690.jpg
    IMG_2690.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_2691.jpg
    IMG_2691.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 282
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tangoman

Congratulations

Mate,

Very well done, that looks awesome ! Wish my attempts where as good.
I think its time to buy yourself some triple start taps and dies!

Well done,
Cam

Jeff, that is quite a majestic looking pen and seeing your craftsmanship on display is a treat. Well done

thewishman

Gorgeous! Pretty shape and nice material. :)

I used 13.5 x .5 threading on an early pen and it took a lot of turns to screw/unscrew the cap. So I switched to a 1mm thread pitch for the next one.

Triple start threading takes less turns to attach, but it eliminates the chance to line up the cap and body in the best way.

Good work and photography.

Chris

BeSquare

The pen looks amazing, what feed did you end up using with the K6 converter, I've used the non threaded version of that one in the past and had great luck with it, I'd be curious to step up to the screwed in one just for better pen assembly.

Again great job on it, the proportions are great and I just love the blank.

- Rich

BSea

I like the proportions of this pen. Good job. I'm also a fan of the K6 converter. I use them with any custom pen that uses a converter. And that's a very pretty blank. I don't think I've seen it before.

Dalepenkala

Jeff great job! I like how you made the cap a little bigger in diameter and added just a little bit of length to the cap! Congrats!

Bryguy

Lovely pen. Gorgeous blank. I'm working on my second kitless FP right now and hope it comes out half as nice as your!

jj9ball

The pen looks amazing, what feed did you end up using with the K6 converter, I've used the non threaded version of that one in the past and had great luck with it, I'd be curious to step up to the screwed in one just for better pen assembly.

Again great job on it, the proportions are great and I just love the blank.

- Rich

I used the Bock Nib and feed and had to tap the converter hole with a 7.5 x .75 tap that I got from Silver Pen Parts. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

jj9ball

I like the proportions of this pen. Good job. I'm also a fan of the K6 converter. I use them with any custom pen that uses a converter. And that's a very pretty blank. I don't think I've seen it before.

Thanks. The black came from Bear Tooth Woods. Its called Bourbon street. I got a couple of other wild colored blanks from them and I'm hoping to make a pen or two this weekend:laugh:

Top Bottom