Thanks for looking
Randy

Attachments

• IMG_0778.jpg
    IMG_0778.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 428
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Wow, that's defiantly not a pen blank I would pick up if I saw it but it made for a dang awesome pen!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
The workmanship looks great but I'm not at all fond of the picture. The staging keeps me from focusing on the pen. It might make a pretty catalog cover, but it doesn't make the pen scream "BUY ME!" Additionally, the lighting washes out the clip almost entirely.

dow

Very nice woorkmanship. Good finish work. Did you paint the inside of blank? If so what color did you use? I really, really like the aero pens.

Oh, and Chuck, Lou was the only one to offer anything less that all-out praise, and that had nothing whatsoever to do with Reb's pen. Lou's complaint was about the layout and mechanics of the photo.

With that in mind, I'm going to have to side with Lou, at least a little bit, on the picture itself. The photo is in focus, which is essential, The clip is blown out some (moving your lights a little one way or another should help take care of that). Unlike Lou, I like the use of props in pen photos, as long as they don't take away from the subject. The leaves are okay, and contrast nicely with the color of the pen, but whatever the pen is leaning on steals the viewer's eyes. I find myself wondering what a "?OM??TER" is instead of admiring a very nice pen. I find that I'm of two minds when it comes to using a mirror as a background. On the one hand, it really helps to eliminate shadows and can do wonders to show off the other side of an interesting pen. On the other hand, sometimes it can make it hard to tell where the pen ends and the reflection starts. Maybe a dark reflective background would work better? If it were a wood pen, then I'd certainly like to see it against a dark background. But with this pen, which will almost certainly end up in some lady's purse, the mirror is fine.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I want to apologize to everyone here in this thread. When I first opened it I didn't see any pen. Just an empty box. Assuming that's what everyone else saw too, I thought I was going along with a little humorous razzing (as we sometimes do)of Reb. I don't feel so good about myself at this moment.

Now that I do see a photo, I think it is a very nice pen and, photo. Very sorry for my mistake Reb. Thanks for sharing with us.

Top Bottom