New one from Smitty

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

First allow me to apologize for the pictures. My photo tent got trashed by my wifes cat,
the pen is a model that Smitty was kind enough to send me a couple to experiment on.
I haven't turned a Bushing to Bushing Slim line in several years, the centerband on this pen is beautifully engraved, and over all the components are well finished, so please feel free to comment and critique the workmanship, I really don't think it will ever need finishing, the material is Lignum Vitae with No Finish other than buffing.

Please click on the thumbnails for a better view.
Comments please!!!

Attachments

• smittys-slim-1.jpg
    smittys-slim-1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 250
  • Smittys-Slim-2.jpg
    Smittys-Slim-2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 187
  • Smittys-Slim-CB.jpg
    Smittys-Slim-CB.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 177
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hehndc

Nice looking pen. Wood and fit look spot on. My only suggestion would be to carry the pattern to either the top, bottom or both ends of the pen. The center band looks a bit out of place between the ends of the pen.

The wood looks great.

Steve

Drstrangefart

I'd bet money the centerband would pop even harder with one of the clips from the Slims that have the black line down them. As it is, great Slim, and I like the CB.

sbell111

We made some of those deco slims years ago. I think they were Berea kits. We don't make very many slims anymore so we haven't had a chance to test drive the Rizheng ones. Glad to here that they are of good quality.

Top Bottom