New One

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from oops99

oops99

Hey All,

Here is a new one I made from, Wormy Chestnut, Copper, and Corian on a gold Slimline with a modified Centerband.
Hope you like it.
As always, comments welcomed and appreciated.

Tom/oops99

PenStuff017.jpg

PenStuff018.jpg

PenStuff024.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

oops99

Thanks for the great comments, the copper is cut from a 1ft square piece of roof flashing that I bought in a lumber yard about a year ago, if all you are using it for is pens it goes a "LOOOOOOOOOONNNG" way.
John- I used to have problems with it falling apart in the beginning, but after quite a bit of experience doing it that is something that doesn't happen anymore.
I used to cut the pieces, rough them up with sand paper, and then clamp them which is a nightmare trying to clamp something that is cut on a bias.
Now what I do is cut the pieces, rough them up, put thick CA on the wood and accelerator on the copper or corian, which ever I am using, and then hold them together with my hands for about a minute while it sets, then put a clamp from one end to the other, but before tightening the clamp I drip "Thin" CA on the copper, which will wick into any voids that may be in the piece, and then tighten the clamp and let it sit for about 1/2 to 1 hour. And luckily I haven't had any fall apart since I came up with this method (Knock on wood).
Good luck to anyone who tries it. It's quite simple but really adds a touch of class, and I love when someone asks "How did you do that"?

Tom/oops99

Mark

Nice Pen. I like the center band. Along with the added copper it makes a slim line, unique. Very nice.

Top Bottom