A new one..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from USAFVET98

USAFVET98

Heres a new one. I changed the blade on my bandsaw yesterday to a thicker blade and I wanted to try it out. It's no celtic knot but its a start. I used purple heart as a base, curly maple and wenge. The kit is just a cheapy comfort grip pen without the rubber grip.

Attachments

• knott 001.jpg
    knott 001.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 253
  • knott 005.jpg
    knott 005.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 180
  • knott 006.jpg
    knott 006.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 146
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

You are definitely branching out Brian and it is nice to see your efforts. Thats a cool looking pen. Keep up the good work, keep stretching yourself!!!

USAFVET98

HAHAHA While I appreciate all of your nice thoughts about my special pen, no need to say you actually like it. After talking with Neil, I know now that I should not cut all the way through. I am goint to try that next.

Thanks again everyone.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
HAHAHA While I appreciate all of your nice thoughts about my special pen, no need to say you actually like it. After talking with Neil, I know now that I should not cut all the way through. I am goint to try that next.

Thanks again everyone.

I don't know about cutting all the way through. I'm just starting to try segmented pens. But to me, personally, it looks a bit too busy. Aside from that, I really like your choice of woods.

ldb2000

Yes DO NOT cut all the way through and make sure that your veneer is the same thickness as your blades kerf and all your segments will line up correctly .
Great job Brian , that's how you learn and improve . Just get in the shop and try different things .

jkeithrussell

The "do cut through" or "don't cut through" issue is like everything else -- a matter of personal preference. I have done a lot of segmentation and celtic knots lately and I've tried both ways. It can work just as well both ways. I have better luck with the celtic knots when I cut through.

Top Bottom