A New One...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bgray

bgray

A pretty long pen, but that's what the customer wanted.

Ebonite.

Any comments welcome.

200812211832_mustardblack_139.jpg

20081221192_mustandblack2_189.jpg

jhs494

Wow! That turned out great. I really like the long look, and the blank and kit go well together.

Brian -

There's a lot I like about your pen. I don;t think I've ever seen anything like it. Please tell me more about it. What is ebonite? Where do you get it? What style of pen is it? How did you attach the clip? It really is a very nice pen.

bitshird

That is a big WOW pen, it looks so well ballanced considering the lenght of the barrel,and the finish looks great, isn't Ebonite pretty dificult to turn[?]

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by Aderhammer

Yeah man way to work dat j hook into that cap!(thx to firefighta i'm now in the inner loop or should i say hook of what a j hook is)

Aight, Hammer man, I got you! Da Fire man done hook us up with the 4-11 on the J-hook, yo!?

These posers ain't got nothin' on us, we're like the FP kings, you know?

Yeah dog, up until I actually try to do some fabricatin' on some of that closed-end, hidden clip (pooky pookie wiccckka! *scratching on the turntable*) know how, I'ma keep spreadin' the mojo, you know what I'm sayin'?

Peace.
[8D]

Oh yeah, really nice pen, by the way, sorry, got caught up in my own hipness. hehe

bgray

Someone needs to explain to me what a J hook is....

On this pen, the finial is threaded, and the clip has a hole where those threads go through.

gerryr

Originally posted by bgray43050

Someone needs to explain to me what a J hook is....
If you go to the library and find Bill Jackman's article on doing hidden clip rings, it will be clear.

Beautifully done pen. Is this some more leftover material from Bexley?

That pen .. the workmanship, the look, the extras like the hidden clip .. made me, no, FORCED me to break out of my cone-of-silence so that I maybe pay you a huge compliment on your creation! W-O-W ... nice !!

Rmartin

Yeah dog, up until I actually try to do some fabricatin' on some of that closed-end, hidden clip (pooky pookie wiccckka! *scratching on the turntable*) know how, I'ma keep spreadin' the mojo, you know what I'm sayin'?

Actually, no, I don't know what you are saying, g

alxe24

Terrific. Awesome looking pen. I do have 2 questions I hope I hera back from you.
1) Where is the clip from. Did you take a pen appart or can you get the clip on its own.
2) Is that El grande kit without the center band?
Thanks and congrats on that awesome pen

bgray

The clip is from an Artisan pen. Those come with the cheap plating, so I send them to a plater to upgrade.

The only kit parts is the nib holder and section from an el grande.

bgray

The ebonite is stuff that isn't made anymore. You have to scavenge around to find that stuff. And yes, the pen and parts involved are primarily done on the metal lathe.

Thanks, everyone!

bgray

Originally posted by txcwboy

"You have to scavenge around to find that stuff" is code for I AINT TELLIN ! :D

Dave

Well, no...that's not what I meant.

This ebonite is very tough to find. If I had a source for it, I would buy every inch that I could. Right now, I only have 8 inches of it left.

This particular rod came from Bruno Corsini, who is a friend of mine.

Sometimes this kind of stuff comes up on ebay, but very rarely. Other than that, like I said, you have to scavenge...

Top Bottom