New Member, with the start of my new addiction !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from expotecs

expotecs

Hello, fellow pen and wood turners. I have been turning pens and pencils for only a few months, and I wanted to show off some of my pens. I am still in the learning and experimenting stage, and have fallen deeply into the addiction of pen turning. I started with candle stick making, for my wife who sells homemade soy candles and after a few craft shows, and finding pen turners selling their goods. I thought I would give it a try, and why not add it to the part time income with a few handmade pens.

The first pen is my first acrylic pen, i just finished it tonight. The last one is a blood wood pencil. They are all slimline kits, different finsihes. I started with the cheapest kits I could find. As my experience and skill grow so will my taste in pen kits....

I have been experimenting with different finishes, from PPP wax and polish to CA/BLO.. Haven't quite mastered the CA/BLO process, but I am leaning towards that type of finish for my wood pens.

I also have a box of corian scraps, that I am dying to use for a pen, I might tackle that this week. I will post my results when that project is complete.

Any comments / advice / greetings are welcome.

Thank you for looking.
Steve -

Attachments

• Purple-Haze-FunLine.jpg
    Purple-Haze-FunLine.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 151
  • rainbow-funline.jpg
    rainbow-funline.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 130
  • double-lamiant.jpg
    double-lamiant.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 144
  • rosewood.jpg
    rosewood.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 134
  • bloodwood-pencil.jpg
    bloodwood-pencil.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 127
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ELCAMINO63

not bad , here is some other ideas for pens , sometimes the best treasures are in your back yard to turn with , someone gave me a couple branches from lilac bush it was awsome looking it had streaks of purple in it that was cool bad thing is i did nt give it time enough to dry and in a day or two it split .

your doing great and welcome to the crew im new too.

benedogg

Welcome from Maine and welcome to the addiction. Your pens look nice. You'll get the CA/BLO finish. Just takes a lot of practice and a lot of reading. There are a lot of great people here and a lot of great resources to help you along.

nava1uni

Nice looking pens. Welcome to the PTA(pen turners anonymous). It is truly an addiction. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I must go upstairs and do other things like work, dinner, etc.

ldb2000

Great job on those Steve . Your fit and finish is very good on them . Learn the CA finish if you are going to sell your stuff , you want your customers to be happy so they will come back and buy more .
Welcome to the slippery slope to the poor house . :biggrin:

bitshird

Welcome to the addiction, it looks like you started off with a nice group of pens, keep it up, don't let the expense scare you it will get worse.

Top Bottom