New Member, My first segmented pens!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MikePittman

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikePittman

I am new to this forum and have enjoyed reading and seeing other pen makers pens. I am fasinated with segmented pens and have been making them. I am getting the feel and learning quite a bit with each one I do. I have attached photos of 4 pens I have made. I love working with "blood wood" and other exotic woods. Working with wood is fun and I bought my first lathe, a Jet Mini, about 6 weeks ago and I admit I am addicted.

200711143270_pen1.jpg

2007111432722_pen2.jpg

2007111432737_pen3.jpg

2007111432756_pen4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbatons

Welcome! I read that right didn't I...6 weeks? You did these in six weeks of learning? That's some good work for a newbie.

I am now going to eBay to sell all my equipment. [;)]

johnnycnc

Michael,Welcome!
You certainly introduce yourself with a spectacular group
of pens.Very nice segmenting.
I look forward to seeing more [:)]
Thanks for sharing your work.

cowchaser

Originally posted by txbatons
<br />Welcome! I read that right didn't I...6 weeks? You did these in six weeks of learning? That's some good work for a newbie.

I am now going to eBay to sell all my equipment. [;)]

Look for my posting right behind yours. [B)][B)][xx(]

Great pens.

MikePittman

Yes, I bought my first lathe 6 weeks ago at Woodcraft. I've been in wood for years but never had a lathe until I bought the Jet. Like I said, it certainly has me addicted. I love it! I have been reading a lot about segmented work on bowls. I have never turned anything but pens so far and I am really interested in the open and closed segmented bowls. It's funny, I am a police officer on the road and I catch myself thinking of new segmented pen designs to do while driving the cruiser around. I attended the "Artistry in Wood" held in Dayton last weekend and I was so impressed with all the woodworkings I saw there. Unbelievable work! I am really inspired to learn more. I am happy to have stumbled on this forum.

alxe24

You've come a looooooooooong way in a shoooooooooooort time. Congratulations and keeps updated with your work.
Welcome to the group

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Wow![8D][:0][;)]

Just plain WOW!

You really are off to a stupendous start! I'm looking forward to where ever your lessons lead you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom