New to me Vertex with magnetic cap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Trux

Trux

Thought I would try some of these out- they appealed as x-mas presents for tool kind of folks on my list. The first one I turned the barrel to the size of the bushings-I didn't like the lip it created between the metal and wood but it functions fine- the next two I turned to the size of the metal insert and like the look and feel much better. I used (1) Bacote,
(2)Cocobolo and (3) Tigerwood and antelope antler. Overall I like the kits.
Copyofpens2010265.jpg

Copyofpens2010262.jpg

Copyofpens2010264.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

I am glad to see the kit assembled. I have some but have not yet turned any. Thanks for showing the problem? with the bushings. I like the second and third much better. I agree with you, the edge hanging out like the first just doesn't look quiet right. You, however, do have three beautiful pens. I can't decide just which one I like best. Glad do not have to decide!
Charles

Great looking pens. I'm a bit torn between the "to bushing" or "to hardware" look.

I have been thinking of doing one of these in a fountain pen for my brother. We both like the Zen (also a magnetic cap) but it isn't available in a FP. How is the balance? The cap looks bigger that the Zen and I have been concerned about the weight when posted.

Chris

Top Bottom