New to me materials and one penkit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Not a lot to say about these.

First (picture 1 and 2) is Black Madreperlato, with a subtle pearl look.
Second is the Dark blue Madreperlato, on components that were new to me--the Triton, designed by Berea.

Comments welcome and you can probably guess where I got the materials!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

I didn't use it all.:eek::eek:

Attachments

• black madre imperial closedbest.jpg
    black madre imperial closedbest.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 381
  • black madre-imperialbest.jpg
    black madre-imperialbest.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 282
  • Triton open blue.jpg
    Triton open blue.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 319
  • Tritonblue.jpg
    Tritonblue.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 277
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I believe I have used the Black Madreperlato befofe. Sometimes that outfit I buy stuff from sends me an unmarked freebee. Not complaining mind ya, but I have to guess exactly what it is. It turns out an almost pearly gray. Very nice. I haven't tried the dark blue yet, but I probably will now that I've seen it. Good job!

bitshird

I like both the black and the blue Madre Peralto (mother of pearl for all you gringos) Ed I like the kit too, I've been thinking about them quite a bit, a little cheaper than a Jr statesman , but I understand the lower tube is somewhat shorter than the regular Jrs. is this correct??
The imperial is beautiful..

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I like both the black and the blue Madre Peralto (mother of pearl for all you gringos) Ed I like the kit too, I've been thinking about them quite a bit, a little cheaper than a Jr statesman , but I understand the lower tube is somewhat shorter than the regular Jrs. is this correct??

Yes, the lower tube was shorter, the same length as the upper tube. Which makes the "nib" a little longer, I believe (I have not actually compared them side-by-side). Comes with a Schmidt 888 refill, though.

PR_Princess

The second pic of the Triton...well that is really Jr. Statesman.:redface: (Also in dark blue pearl and also made today) LOL either Ed's photos are getting worse..or you guys are slippin!:tongue::biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well, I told you I don't see well!!!

Here is the Triton closed---does look a lot like the Jr. Statesman.

Sorry, I did both today and didn't notice the pics were out of order.

Triton in Blue Madreperlato---capped

Attachments

• IMG_2157.jpg
    IMG_2157.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 142

pensmyth

I just turned one of the Tritons last nite. Got it from Ernie at Beartooth. I used my Jr. Gent Bushings on it and it fits perfectly.When I was done I held it up next to a Jr. Gent I got from Exotics and the Gent is just a hair taller. The turned body of the Triton is shorter making for a longer nib but it seems like a really nice kit. The feel and balance is comfortable. I'll be turning some more of these for sure.

phillywood

The second pic of the Triton...well that is really Jr. Statesman.:redface: (Also in dark blue pearl and also made today) LOL either Ed's photos are getting worse..or you guys are slippin!:tongue::biggrin:

No, honey they are tripping old men what can I say:rolleyes:, you had to tell on Ed on his mistake, the poor man had some fun with them.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::tongue:

Ed, those pens look very nice now I can tell you that they so desreve to be sold at the higher spectrum of pricing. Very well done. kinda make me to go to a local Mexican colendero (I hope I spelled it right (the ones who cast spells)) to see if he can cast a good one on me to catch up with you guys in two month, really, I wish!!!! they look very elegant. The first one specially both balnk and the kit compliment each other.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader

Well I knew the second one was Jr Statesman before I got past Ed's first post! :rolleyes: But then, I figured Ed gets so jazzed when he gets to turn and post new stuff that he got carried away.

I really like the look of the black on the Triton. The blue doesn't look as "pearly" - maybe it's the photo. It is a beautiful blue, though!

Great job Ed. :biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Actually the blue on the Jr. Statesman was exceptional.

That's why I had not planned to post it on IAP. Figured it would be misleading.

but, now that I know I have both pens here, tomorrow I will post a pic showing relative length. Tonight, I'm going home for a "late night nap"--back in the morning with "copier hat on".

Hucifer

This gringo thanks you Ken, I was scratching my head for a while...:confused:

Both look great Ed!

PenMan1

Nice looking pens, Ed!

The red and blue mads are big sellers here. Additionally,
the Triton has replaced my Jr.States as best sellers. I do cheat on the Triton (the first time was by accident). I used
Jr. tubes (the bottom Jr tube is about 1/2 inch longer that
the Triton), then just use a longer spring.

I put out similar pens, one Jr and one modified Triton both made from casein. They were priced the same. The Triton sold much quicker that the Statie. I did the same with ebonite, same results.

This is good news as the Triton is about half the price of the Jr Statesman.

Top Bottom