New Lucite colors Vs 2 Jr. Statesmen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I was at the pipe shop last week and picked up some new lucite colors they had. The rods are 7/8 and 18 " long and cost 10.50 ea. at
www.pipemakers.org

Green/brown, Fire, black/brown almost could pass for ebonite cumberlan.

20057124422_DSC00855.jpg

200571244225_DSC00853.jpg

20057124437_DSC00843.jpg

200571244337_DSC00851.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Anthony, have I screwed up your eye sight to the point your now buying green blanks? [:D]

They look great and you did a wonderful job on them. I also like the first pen holder but that second one looks tacky and out of place. [:p] So you get an A- because of THING. [:D]

vick

Thanks Anthony I am now in deep trouble. I did not realize the pipe shop was local. There goes my next pay check!

JimGo

Very sharp Anthony! I like these new colors. Now Michael and I just have to convince Lou to go out to AZ for a few days... [:D]

Czarcastic

Very Nice!
I never heard about turning lucite (guess I don't get out much [;)]).
I'll need to give it a try.
Is it much like turning acrylics or resins? Is it the same stuff with a different name?

Sorry for asking so many questions - I just get excited when I see new stuff! Great job on the pens.

PenWorks

RT, I almost didn't assemble the green one....(you know why)....turns out, most of the family liked the green the best. I couldn't get Thing to hold the pen the way I wanted, kinda looks double jointed .[:D]

Mike, the pipe shop is in Deer Valley airpark area, about 11th ave, south of Deer Valley Rd. It is actually in a building that houses the Gold Wing Rider Assoc

Steven, the lucite material is made in Italy, turns simular to resins, I think it drills and turns nicer. Some of it is very transparent. I painted the tubes in the Fire, red. did not paint the others.

Thanks for the comments, felt good to finally make something again [:p]

wayneis

Anthony, Nice job as usual. Is that green and brown also known as Chocolate Mint? If so I did a pen with it and in person it is pretty nice stuff, even more so than in pic's. I haven't tried the Fire yet and I think that there is a tiger that I want to check out.

Wayne

PenWorks

Originally posted by Bev Polmanteer
<br />Those are great Anthony! Does the pipe store have a web site or some other way to order from. Deer Valley is way far away from here![:D]

www.pipemakers.org

Wayne, that green is called chocolate mint.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Anthony,

Pens are beautiful. When you went to the pipeshop, you obviously picked the pieces you wanted. Do they all look fairly similar? If I order on-line, am I likely to get the same overall look? I know acrylics vary, but are they all "stunning"?

Thanks!

PenWorks

Ed, even though I cherry pick, the consistency is very good on all of them. Plus not much to cherry pick from, as they ussually only have about a dozen of each.

Randy_

I have a serious bias towards wood pens and especially darker woods with nice figure; but that green pen is a real "looker!!" I will probably have to do something like that for myself!! Nice work, Anthony!!

PenWorks

Randy, that's why we're here. To corrupt and warp your mind. [:D]

Thanks Al, I like that one the best as well. [:)] Meaning the brown/black

Randy_

Originally posted by penworks<br />.....Randy, that's why we're here. To corrupt and warp your mind......

Sorry; but you IAP guys can't take credit for that......my mind was shot long before I ever took up with turning pens!!! [;)]

elody21

Love the pens!!!! I love wood pens but the acrylic etc... are the ones that hold a place in my heart. I used to go through my grandpa's desk and he had many celluloid(sp?),acrylic and ebonite pens. He died when I was a Freshman in highschool and I never did get one of his pens to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom