New label/logo pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

its_virgil

Actually, I made 9 of them but see no need to show them all. Avery label, ink jet printed, and cast in polyester resin. Titanium gold and black sierra. Thanks for looking and as always, comments welcome.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Attachments

• IMG_3441.jpg
    IMG_3441.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 455
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Yes, they are address labels for computer printing I purchased from Office Depot. The brand name is Avery. The actual Avery labels seem to work better than the store brands. If you are able to attend the N Tex meeting Saturday I can show you now its done. I'll bring a tube and a printed label.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

when you guys say "avery lable" are you refering to the paper you print on? I really want to give this a try.

jttheclockman

Don

Are you using a special program to fit the logo on the label??? How do you just print one label??? If I put the label paper in the copier I don't have any idea where it will print. Need some pointers there. If you want to email me that is OK too. Thanks.

its_virgil

I use Photoshop and get the canvas size correct for the pen kit I'm making. This is pretty much trial and error...the length is easy but the width takes some tweaking. I make it wide enough to overlap about 1/64th or so when the label is wrapped. I then start dropping in elements of the logo and put each piece on a separate layer so they can be moved around for placement. I try to make the logo's artwork use about 70% (or less) or so of the label area and center it. This puts the overlapped seam on the back behind the artwork.

I tried using the templates in MS Office for the labels but found them to be cumbersome. So, I created some templates of my own using Adobe Pagemaker and just drop the labels (converted to jepegs) on the Pagemaker template. The labels I use are 2' x 4", have 10 per page and I can drop the jepegs where they will print on the corresponding sheet of labels where there is a lable if I'm using a partially used sheet.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Don

Are you using a special program to fit the logo on the label??? How do you just print one label??? If I put the label paper in the copier I don't have any idea where it will print. Need some pointers there. If you want to email me that is OK too. Thanks.

jttheclockman

WOW, I understood absolutely none of that. I guess I am going to have to practice and or trial and error thing. This could take awhile.

Tanner

Very nice Don! I have some of those slide labels that I have not tried yet. I believe they are for model cars. Just print on the label and slide it around where you want it while it's wet. The edges can be sanded a little so it's harder to see them. Have you given this type of label a try Don? I'm just wondering what is best or easiest to use as I want to make some logo pens for my company too.

Top Bottom