New Kit - Stainless Steel Ink™ Poseidon Master Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vtgaryw

vtgaryw

Stainless Steel kit from WoodPenPro: Roller ball, Spanish Oak. Love the wood grain.

Will post review of the kit later.

Attachments

• Poseidon SS 1.jpg
    Poseidon SS 1.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 384
  • Poseidon SS 2.jpg
    Poseidon SS 2.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 356
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I really like the eagle from lazerlinez. So here's my question: Does the cap finial allow for a custom finial? Or is it all 1 piece. Personally, I don't like either finial. The lower barrel can be closed to solve that issue. But the cap finial is a deal breaker for me if it can't be modified.

Good review too. I wonder if you could use some lapping compound to break in the threads.

hard hat

I made one of these months ago, it's on here somewhere, and have been using it at work. I didn't like the clip that came with it so I replaced it with a clip from a Polaris kit, which I think looks much better. The cap finial threads into the top part. I don't know the thread pitch or size.

Overall construction is very very similar to an El Grande but with no plastic. It has good weight and feel in the hand. Length of the pen open is a bit short so it can feel like you're writing with a golf pencil if you have bear paws.

image-145137381.jpg

vtgaryw

An update: I made another one today. The threads on this one were much smoother, the ones on the first one I made definitely have a problem.

Like hard hat said a couple of replies back, the finial screws into the end cap, all one piece. Can't find my metric thread gauge, so I can't tell the stud size if you want to make your own finial.

I like the kit better now that I made one with better threads.

-gary

vtgaryw

An update: I made another one today. The threads on this one were much smoother, the ones on the first one I made definitely have a problem.

Like hard hat said a couple of replies back, the finial screws into the end cap, all one piece. Can't find my metric thread gauge, so I can't tell the stud size if you want to make your own finial.

I like the kit better now that I made one with better threads.

-gary

Top Bottom