New JB pen blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bill Sampson

Bill Sampson

Just turned a new blank from JB. Reverse painted a mix of 6 parts turquoise and 1 part blue. The next one will be with a little darker reverse paint. Turned the cap and band from the same blank. Thought you might be interested in seeing this one.

Side note: Bruce Robbins, Jonathon Brooks, and Fred Wissen (PTownsubbie) will be attending the Richmond Pen group this evening at WoodCraft in Richmond. Doesn't get any better than that!

Bill Sampson, Richmond

Attachments

• DSCF0356.jpg
    DSCF0356.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 354
  • DSCF0357.jpg
    DSCF0357.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCF0358.jpg
    DSCF0358.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 305
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Live2Dive

Nice! I just bought my first (5) JB blanks from Exotics this week. CANNOT wait to heat up the shop and turn one!

And you all are so luck to have Pen Turners groups. Nothing that I know of here in Colorado.

BSea

Aren't blanks made with some clear fun. It lets you decide just how you want the finished pen to look as far as the base color. If you want to have some more fun, reverse paint a few different colors. I've used blue & black before, and purple & black. Great job with the finial cap too.

philipff

Bill, Fantastic meeting last night! Wish I had a video of the whole thing. You and the 3 special guests made the whole evening worth a million blanks! Phil

MarkD

Great job on the pen!
Your very lucky to have an active group with suck talented people in your area.

hewunch

Great job.
You wouldn't happen to be having a meeting the week between Christmas and New Years? The family and I will be in Williamsburg and I would love to meet some other turners.

Brooks803

Ya know what we could have worked on while I was there Bill....Taking photos! It never crossed my mind until I opened this and saw that they just don't do the pen justice!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Ya know what we could have worked on while I was there Bill....Taking photos! It never crossed my mind until I opened this and saw that they just don't do the pen justice!
We kept you away from the camera on purpose - we wanted an excuse to invite you back!! They really are some nice blanks you brought and fascinating how a little paint can make a whole lot of differences.

Thanks for the demo Bill and next time Jonathon makes the trip, lets put photos on the menu. I'll be there.

jasontg99

Jonathon,

While that would have been great, I don't know if my brain could have processed any more info! Like Bruce said, now you have an excuse to come back!

Top Bottom