New Italian Resins

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Aaaahhhhh, felt good to get back in the shop. Have no idea what happened while I was away. Turned the band saw on and it sounded real sick. Went for my cordless drill and nothing happened, grabed my electric drill dead. I persevered.....came out with some of the new italian resin I bought at the pen show. What do you think? I like them.

Very difficult stuff to work with. It was like I was melting this off the lathe instead of cutting it. I tried to make some Ligero's, but that was stretching the envelope as this rod was not that thick, I melted them.

200522418344_it_res_mar.jpg

200522418415_it_res_grn.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Anthony, those are keepers for sure, really like both of them! How did the resin pens sell at the show? Seems like they would do good, no?

PenWorks

Thanks for the comments.
Lou.The bottom one does have some nice patterns. Sure like to know how they do that.
Rt. I sold 11 resin pens and 8 wood ones at the show.
Jim, I have no idea about the resins, other than they were manufactured in Italy for a pen maker and these were some of the left over rods he was selling. Very different material. On the lines of the Decora stuff, but melts allot easier.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Awesome, Anthony..!!

Never met a custom made pen I never liked, but that top pen..WoW..really floats my boat (with no pun intended on the LA rain)..that one would stay in my pocket like a proud papa..[:)]

Gary

Anthony, don't you know that when you go off and leave your shop for extended periods of time, there are gremlins that come out and screw up things. Hire you a shop sitter nest time.[8D]

Those two pens are fantastic. I bet you could sell a bunch of those.

rtgleck

Anthony, that's just mean. Very mean. That 2nd pen could be the nicest pen I've ever seen. Honestley, and that includes my own. Man is that awesome or what. Great job.

melogic

Very nice pens as always Anthony. I'm like Lou, I think I like the bottom one the best. I think because it looks like an acrylic birds eye bocote.

PenWorks

Thanks for the comments. The bottom one is cool, because you don't see that pattern very often. He only had one 18" rod left. I like the top one the best, looks 10 times nicer in the flesh.

Anthonyu

Darley

Originally posted by Gary
<br />Anthony, don't you know that when you go off and leave your shop for extended periods of time, there are gremlins that come out and screw up things. Hire you a shop sitter nest time.[8D]

Those two pens are fantastic. I bet you could sell a bunch of those.

Are you telling me that Gremlins are Murphy Children [?][:D]

Serge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom