New & Improved 50 cal. pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from USAFVET98

USAFVET98

I wanted to try some dura coat mixtures and came up with a pearl white iridescent. The duracoat takes perfectly on these as well as all metals and wood.

Attachments

• 50 001.jpg
    50 001.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 50 002.jpg
    50 002.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 50 003.jpg
    50 003.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 50 004.jpg
    50 004.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 50 006.jpg
    50 006.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 135

Sylvanite

Brian,

Nice duracoat job. Is it difficult to apply? I might like to try duracoat someday as your coatings seem to preserve the underlying detail very nicely. I powdercoat my cartridges, and although I've tried other colors, I keep coming back to clear because anything else just doesn't look realistic to me.

Is there a reason you didn't seat the bullet at the cannelure?

Regards,
Eric

USAFVET98

Eric,
Its not difficult to apply but it does take patience and a steady hand. As far as seating the bullet, I didnt totally seat it because I dont have an inside to it yet.. This was a trial run and I wanted to get opinions before I wasted a kit.

The dura coat is cool because there are well over 150 colors and you can get clear as well. I am going turn a pen and after its done Im going to duracoat it high gloss clear and see how it comes out.

If you have any questions about dura coat, please feel free to ask..

Brian,

Nice duracoat job. Is it difficult to apply? I might like to try duracoat someday as your coatings seem to preserve the underlying detail very nicely. I powdercoat my cartridges, and although I've tried other colors, I keep coming back to clear because anything else just doesn't look realistic to me.

Is there a reason you didn't seat the bullet at the cannelure?

Regards,
Eric

Top Bottom