New Imperial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JBCustomPens

JBCustomPens

Hi everyone,

Here is a new Imperial I made out of desert ironwood. Ca finish mm to 12000. It is on a rhodium/ black ti Imperial kit from CSUSA. All comments are very appreciated.

Thanks for looking!:)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

Beautiful pen. Is DI hard to turn?

I turn this all the time one of my favorite woods. Sharp, sharp tools, light touch and patience and a lot of thin CA for the cracks. I use a round nose scraper pretty much all the time and I have 3 of them I keep sharp. When I get down to the final size a have a curved skew I made to use as scraper to finish the ends and smooth out the blank, a lot less sanding this way. Ironwood will polish on it's own but I use CA as my finish, no blo just CA blo turns the wood dark imho.

JBCustomPens

I turn this all the time one of my favorite woods. Sharp, sharp tools, light touch and patience and a lot of thin CA for the cracks. I use a round nose scraper pretty much all the time and I have 3 of them I keep sharp. When I get down to the final size a have a curved skew I made to use as scraper to finish the ends and smooth out the blank, a lot less sanding this way. Ironwood will polish on it's own but I use CA as my finish, no blo just CA blo turns the wood dark imho.

Nicely explained.

Top Bottom