new here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from potter

Status
Not open for further replies.

potter

hello,
i am new here, and first I must apologize for my terrible English. Sometimes i try it with online-translaters, but the results are bad.
This is a great Forum and i have learnd much about the pictures ( they are not in english:D). I turne pens since 3 jears and have much fun.
Here is one of my closed end ballpoint pens.
many greetings
Harry

2007103195051_Fisch2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Das ist sehr gut, mein Freund!!!

And, when in college, I COULD speak it, now

WELCOME!!!!!

Thanks for joining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by potter
<br />thank you about the friendly welcome (is this correct?)
greetings Harry

It will be just fine, Harry. Don't be self conscious, we know what you mean and enjoy your participation.[:D][:D][:D][:D]

workinforwood

It's pretty sweet for sure! Looks like a comet. Is it a twist pen? I wish I had a tutorial for that, because that's a pen I need to own. Very conversational! Perhaps if you can't explain how it's done and what parts are used, someone else can?

potter

Hi Jeff,
this pen is turned on a chuck made of a piece of wood, hope you understand, like a closed end mandrell. I try to place here a photo about the kit. I like this pens because you can see the whole beauty of the wood....ok, i think that was an arabian chineese english[:D]

200710515124_kulikite.jpg

greetings Harry

workinforwood

Is that nib threaded? Where's that kit come from with the parker style refill?

It's my artistic side that has to make this suggestion. Turn a globe out of something swirly like fake turquoise with a flat spot at the bottom so it can't roll away. Drill a hole for the pen to sit into slightly on an angle into the ball. If you find something that looks like a planet, it'll look like a comet striking it. You can even turn the ball so it has some ripples around the entry hole...shock waves! Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm loving my idea!

potter

what means threaded? You cannot turn the nib,
the kite is from Germany, dont know, whether you can get it in USA
http://www.drechslershop.de/halbzeug/schreibgeraet/stiftpressen/drechseln-halbzeug-kugelschreibermechanik.html
it's a nice idea to turn a planet

Pompeyite

Hi Harry, and welcome from the sunny south of the UK.[8D]
Nice pens you have shown well done.[:)]
I was in the Rhine valley two weeks ago and loved it, you sure have a beutiful country Matey.
Can we get an english version of the website link you posted please, I am ashamed to say that I cannot read German.
Regards Derek

potter

Hi Derek, the Steinert website is only in German, but i saw, that they are shipping worldwide. So you must be contended about the pictures and prices, they are international[;)], i enjoy at english websites the pictures too, because i cannot understand the most...
greetings Harry

Pompeyite

Originally posted by potter
<br />Hi Derek, the Steinert website is only in German,

Thanks Harry, I did see on thier website after I posted the question, that they are starting an English version but it is not yet finished. Something to look forward to I think.[;)]
Happy turning Matey.[:D]
Regards Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom