New help in the shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jskeen

jskeen

I figure that as soon as they are old enough to remember not to touch without permission and to keep their safety glasses on, they are old enough to help. At 5 my oldest does pretty well as long as I don't expect him to sit still and watch for too long at a stretch. He picked this blank out at woodcraft, so he got to help polish and assemble it.

200852332638_hayden1.jpg

200852332656_hayden2.jpg

I think he's kinda proud of it:D
200852332751_hayden3.jpg

20085233363_blue1a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Originally posted by jskeen

I figure that as soon as they are old enough to remember not to touch without permission and to keep their safety glasses on, they are old enough to help.

I think he's kinda proud of it:D

James; Dang; That grin is bigger than he is!!!! :D

Hello

haha...that's funny!
I was thinking of trying to find tiny safety glasses and take my daughter (8mnths) down long enough to get good coating of wood from the lathe just for a funny photo op! hehe

great12b4ever

James, You have one very proud son there, You can tell by the grin. I think he is proud for 2 reasons. 1 is that he picked that blank for that pen and it looks good. The second is he is spending quality time that means alot to him with his Father. Way to go!:D:D

PaulDoug

My Dad spent a lot of time working with my brothers and I in the garage, woodworking and working on cars. Time I hold dear and will never forget.

Keep it up James. Good for both of you!

VisExp

Good to see that he isn't wearing any loose clothing while working on the lathe :D He looks like he is having some great quality shop time with Dad!!

desertyellow

Thank you for sharing a great moment between father and son.
Who knew pen turning could be so bonding?

Great Pen. You should both be proud.

Tony,
Las Vegas

Top Bottom