A new hand full....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ChrisinOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisinOR

Hello again all....

I've been doing a lot of work out in the shop the past few weeks. Starting on Christmas presents and doing some charity auction work. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the charity pieces, but here's some new ones!

2007101115419_DSCN4844.jpg

This one is a Churchill in gold with Mango as the wood. CA finish...

2007101115613_DSCN4847.jpg

The is an El Grande in gold with Koa. Really nice!!! Again CA finish...

200710111575_DSCN4854.jpg

Another Churchill in gold only this one is inlace. Polished up with micro mesh...

200710112120_DSCN4856.jpg

Now I really like this one!! A Sterling Silver Churchill with Dana Blue inlace... I might just have to keep this one...

200710112222_DSCN4861.jpg

This is my second Baron. I really like these kits. Everything fits so well on them. The material is acryligem. Wierd stuff to work with.

That's it for now. Any comments, crtiques, or critisisms are welcome. Thanks for taking the time to check these out.

Chris Nilluka

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DKF

Very nice pens!!! Where do you get your materials, specifically your "inlace" and "acryligem"? Do you have to paint tubes and/or blanks...nice looking stuff and great looking pens.

ChrisinOR

The tubes do need to be colored with the inlace. I just use a Sharpie. The ink used in them is pretty resilient. The Koa and Mango blanks are from Hawaii. The Inlace blanks are from Rockler. The acryligem is from HUT...

Chris Nilluka

keapople

Which Inlace is that darker blue one?
It looks GREAT, as they all do, but I really like that one!

Kirby

keapople

BTW: I really like that Acryligem red stuff. I have turned the Red/cobalt/blue ones and they all come out great...

http://www.pbase.com/kepople/pen_turning&page=all

Kirby

keapople

Chris;

I was referring to the one right above that one. Looks blue and white on my monitor....
I have the Dyna blue on my lathe right now for my wife, ironically..

Thanks
Kirby

ChrisinOR

Originally posted by ligget
<br />Beautiful, I especially like the Polygem. I am working on polygem just now and the dusty powder is very unusual.[:0][:p]

According to HUT that red blank isn't Polygem, it's acryligem. Supposedly it's made just for them. It turns really weird. You have to put a fair amount of force into it. It seems to surface harden as you go. If you can dig in good it will come off in fat gummy ribbons.(strange) But at least it's pretty in the end!

Chris Nilluka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom