New guys 25th pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Coop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coop

OK so one of the new guys has a photo for you. My 25th pen, a Stablized Clear Maple Burl with a Jatoba finger grip my 20th Slimline This one has fancey Black Chrome fittings..This is my first pen I used Mico-Mesh on. Boy I like that mesh! I used copper wire to burn rings into Jatoba but when I used steel wire On ring burnt into Stablized Clear Maple Burl a I got a greenish color inside burnt ring. Wondering if this is because the steel wire I used or the reaction of the stablization Element added to the wood burl. After cutting and sanding to 400 grit. I went up slowly 12 grades in the Mesh. Put on two coats of Huts friction finish and one of wax. It’s not too bad. What do you think? Coop

20075112428_burlmmpjabt.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I don't know much about the effects of making rings on the wood with different types of wire. So I can't say anything to that. But I like the rings on that piece of Jatoba (finger grip.)

The colors really look good together. And that Mesh to 12,000 does make a nice "almost finished" pen.[:I]

alxe24

I like your pens the wood and the dareing desing. The fhinish looks good from here. Congratulations on your nice work and keep on showing your skills.
Regards
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom