New Guy Makes Christmas Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnR06

JohnR06

Thought I'd share the pens I've been working on... I started turning in September so this makes these pens about numbers 10 - 15.

The collection:
Christmas_Presents.jpg

Arbor Designer Pen in KOA:
(My wife liked it so well she requested another set for another family member.)

Arbor_KOA_Set.jpg

Cigar Pen in BOW:

Cigar_BOW.jpg

Trimline with KOA:

Melindas_TrimLine.jpg

Guardian, wood unknown:

Wesleys.jpg

Comfort pen, wood unknown:

Dads_Comfort2.jpg

Feedback... both good and "bad" are welcomed.

(Honestly, I don't mind the helpful criticism as its the only way I can continue to learn.)

Thanks,
John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

It looks like there's some under-turning leaving things a hair proud at the fittings. Only real problems I can see. That out of the way, the Designer and the Guardian are both sweet as heck. Very nice group, and I ALWAYS like a good Comfort/Trimline.

MarkD

Welcome to the site.
Nice collection of pens. They will make great gifts.
It looks like your getting the finishing process down pretty good.
It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like some of the blanks may be slightly under turned and some may be slightly proud.
If you don't have them, you might want to invest in a set of digital calipers and use the calipers to determine when you have achieved the correct diameter, rather than relying on the bushings, which are not always exact.

It's great to give then away but don't forget to hang on to one of
your first pens so that a year from now you can see how far you have progressed.

I saw these in person today and they are very nice. And for having only been turning for 3 months, they are excellent. Very nice CA finish as well. Good job John.

EarlD

Nice bunch of pens. You'll make some people happy this year. My advise: keep on turning.

EarlD

Top Bottom