NEW GUINEA ROSEWOOD BURL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenPal

PenPal

Amboyna grown in Vanuatu. Special grain and perfume,real pleasure to use and admire.
Special day 20 degrees C today enabling me to return to the workshop.

Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF8671.jpg
    DSCF8671.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCF8673.jpg
    DSCF8673.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCF8674.jpg
    DSCF8674.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCF8676.jpg
    DSCF8676.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 167
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DJBPenmaker

Wow what a beautiful pen. Love the amboyna burr. I also love the background you've used for the photo, interesting but not too intrusive [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

PenPal

Amboyna timber grown in Vanuatu called New Guinea Rosewood,no mystery there.

Interesting experience many years ago A bloke in Qld spent 6 mths in the jungles and pests in Vanuatu ,employed several people ,gathered a shipping container of this timber ,cut and dried sent most of it to a prospective customer in Canada. That mongrel said not up to quality send replacement. He the provider went down with rage and dissapointment. I bought 26 sticks of Golden Amboyna,loved and cherished them until I used them all. Guess this is life and we lost a valuable source of timber forever through greed and mongrels.

How blessed are you on this forum with dealers like this beaut man who trusted.

No use backtracking years in the case of the pen I made yesterday to say this is the source,no secrets only sharing.

KInd regards Peter.

Any purchases from the USA or foreign countries,our dollar 75% of yours,add freight and uncertainty it will be a long time before I buy in America again. Just bought a hundred Aussie screamers to add to my stash. SPRING IS AT LAST HERE.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Amboyna timber grown in Vanuatu called New Guinea Rosewood,no mystery there.

Interesting experience many years ago A bloke in Qld spent 6 mths in the jungles and pests in Vanuatu ,employed several people ,gathered a shipping container of this timber ,cut and dried sent most of it to a prospective customer in Canada. That mongrel said not up to quality send replacement. He the provider went down with rage and dissapointment. I bought 26 sticks of Golden Amboyna,loved and cherished them until I used them all. Guess this is life and we lost a valuable source of timber forever through greed and mongrels.

How blessed are you on this forum with dealers like this beaut man who trusted.

No use backtracking years in the case of the pen I made yesterday to say this is the source,no secrets only sharing.

KInd regards Peter.

Any purchases from the USA or foreign countries,our dollar 75% of yours,add freight and uncertainty it will be a long time before I buy in America again. Just bought a hundred Aussie screamers to add to my stash. SPRING IS AT LAST HERE.

It is truly a beautiful pen Peter.

And I agree with your sentiments about purchasing blanks/timber - many unscrupulous folks, and many unfair regulations. Not a good prospect.

However, I envy the bevy of timbers ava to you in Aussieland! Walnut, Cherry and Maple are my staples from the USA. (BORING).

Cheers, Mark

PatrickR

Great work Peter! I also like the image, the background and photography are wonderful.
Ive also learned some things. Ive not heard it called New Guinea Rosewood before and after some research found that Amboyna can come from several species. Thanks!

Top Bottom