New to the group, Here's a couple of recent efforts of mine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TreeBits

TreeBits

1st pen is a Snakewood / Katalox mix, maybe not a marriage made in heaven, but it will do. The second pen is Desert Ironwood - one of my personal favorites.

Attachments

• Snakewood-Katalox-1.jpg
    Snakewood-Katalox-1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 221
  • Snakewood-Katalox-2.jpg
    Snakewood-Katalox-2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 219
  • Desert_Ironwood-1.jpg
    Desert_Ironwood-1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 211
  • Desert_Ironwood-2.jpg
    Desert_Ironwood-2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 182
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TreeBits

Just down the street in Picktown. The Snakewood was a short leftover so I'd thought I'd give it a try (it's horribly expensive) Maybe one day I'll split this couple up and give them new halves.

Last edited:

ToddMR

Looking good on the pens. Two tones aren't my favorite either, but I have been there. You have to sometime go with what you have. I think your execution was good on both. Welcome!

patmurris

Welcome here!
Not fond of half and half pens, but... well, sometime that's what you have handy. The desert ironwood came out pretty well. Good job.

ctubbs

Welcome Tom, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/articles/2009/Getting_started_in_penturning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.

Your pens show great promise. Overall, your fit and finish are very good. As so many others have stated, the cap on the DIW is distracting. Otherwise you have two very good pens, congratulations.
Charles

bitshird

Real nice work, I like the Snake wood bottom, the cap not so much, but I do understand, I'm saving a Snakewood short for a Elegant Beauty, The DI is beautiful, nice grain.
And welcome from West Tennessee!!

Top Bottom