New Fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Texatdurango

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texatdurango

I made this pen last month as a rollerball. I recently became infatuated with fountain pens so decided to switch it over. Craft Supply does not sell plated nib holders seperately and all I had on hand were plain ole black and gold nib holders so Russ suggested turning a nib holder to match the pen. Here is the finished pen with the new amboyna burl nib holder finished in CA to match the body.

I think the matching nib holder really adds to the pen. Any thoughts or constructive comments welcome.

20071094226_first%20nib3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

armyturner

The pen looks outstanding. I have one question. The nib holders screw in, how did you get around this aspect? Did you thread the wood with a tap ?

Texatdurango

Originally posted by armyturner
<br />The pen looks outstanding. I have one question. The nib holders screw in, how did you get around this aspect? Did you thread the wood with a tap ?
The nib holder is a small brass tube that is threaded on one end which threads into the pen body. On the inside of that tube are also threads which the plastic nib feeder housing also threads into.

Unthread the plastic nib feeder housing and you have a hollow tube that you can mount on a lathe.

Turn the black plastic from the tube and you have a solid brass tube on which to mount a section of wood then turn like you would a regular pen blank.

This breakdown may help...

2007109123139_nib%20breakdown.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom