New Fluted Pen (by hand)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tom McMillan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom McMillan

Here's my latest new pen. I made it several weeks ago (my index finger was numb for a looong time after), and only recently got a platinum pen kit from BB for it (although it could be misinterpreted as a slimline kit---it's advertised by Craft Supplies as a Platinum Soft Grip Pen---wow, don't wanta get on the wrong side of the slimline debate---just kidding :) The bottom wood is Kingwood and the wood on top is Maple. This took a very long time to make by hand with a rasp to make the flutes. I used a CA finish and after the CA used EEE Ultra Shine.

20041112215515_flutedpen%20007.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Great looking pen Tom. Love the different woods, they go together perfect. The photo realy doesn't show the flutes. The clips on the soft grip pens are much nicer than most of the slim line kits too. Cool pen . Anthony

C_Ludwigsen

Nice pen, Tom. Gee, that little girl of yours not keeping you busy enough that you got time to hand cut flutes???? Just you wait!! [;)]

Take care man.

Tom McMillan

Hey Chuck---You may have me mixed up with another Tom---a lot of Tom's here. My youngest is 21 thank goodness---but, my son just had a new daughter a couple days ago----gotta love them granddaughters!!!
But, you're right the hand cutting takes a lot of time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom