A new flag pen for Redfishsc

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Monty

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Here is the PITH pen I made for Matt. It's the Christian flag. I had been toying with this design for a few weeks. Then I was paired with him for PITH, and since he is in seminary, I thought it would be an appropriate pen for him. It's a Pt Sierria click (his request). The wood is natural and blue dyed curly maple with a blood wood cross. Did the design and glue-up myself and had the cross laser cut locally.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

Folks, y'all all just need to see this pen, it's beautiful!

Here's the funny thing. When Monty asked me what kind of pen I would like, he mentioned the Sierra Click, and since I have not yet made one (or had not even held one), that's what I requested. I figured it would be a great opportunity to try the pen out and carry around with me a pen from a good friend (and from the guy I buy all my glue from:cool::cool::cool:).

Well, folks, I'm kinda afraid to use that puppy. He got the finish on it RIGHT-- silky smooth and glossy. There's no way I'm taking that pen to class to take notes with. I know seminary students are all followers of Christ and try to live by the 10 Commandments, but at some point in time I'm sure one of them will be tempted to break the 8th one!

edman2

Local Chapter Leader

Well, folks, I'm kinda afraid to use that puppy. He got the finish on it RIGHT-- silky smooth and glossy. There's no way I'm taking that pen to class to take notes with. I know seminary students are all followers of Christ and try to live by the 10 Commandments, but at some point in time I'm sure one of them will be tempted to break the 8th one!

Well Matt, I'm not too surprised at this. Of course, Southwestern students and grads would never think of such a thing.:biggrin:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Originally Posted by redfishsc

I know seminary students are all followers of Christ and try to live by the 10 Commandments, but at some point in time I'm sure one of them will be tempted to break the 8th one!
Well Matt, I'm not too surprised at this. Of course, Southwestern students and grads would never think of such a thing.:biggrin:

I second that Freddie! :biggrin:

redfishsc

Well, if I had to answer directly to Dr. Patterson, I wouldn't either! Dr. Akin is no pushover, but man, Dr. Patterson might choke slam you!

hewunch

Well, if I had to answer directly to Dr. Patterson, I wouldn't either! Dr. Akin is no pushover, but man, Dr. Patterson might choke slam you!

Funny story from when Dr. P came to SEBTS. Now I do not know if it is apocryphal or not. The story goes that at his first faculty meeting he took a revolver out of his pocket and put it on the table in front of him and said something to the effect of. Now, I don't think we are going to have any problems here today right? :smile-big:

redfishsc

Funny story from when Dr. P came to SEBTS. Now I do not know if it is apocryphal or not. The story goes that at his first faculty meeting he took a revolver out of his pocket and put it on the table in front of him and said something to the effect of. Now, I don't think we are going to have any problems here today right? :smile-big:

That story is passed around campus a lot, and I hear it about twice a quarter.

I personally do not doubt it, but then again I know a LOT of information that I am not at leisure to share since I am an employee:rolleyes:.

That is a sweet pen Matt, If a fellow classmate were to break the 8th commandment couldn't you break the 2nd 3rd and 4th finger??? :wink:

Well, if I caught them, I suppose so. If they did it discreetly I might be able to get the guys in security to track them down and help me break the 6th Commandment.

Top Bottom