new exotic blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from avbill

avbill

new pen different photo technique its should be horizontal not vertical. please comment thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9479a.jpg
    IMG_9479a.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 513
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

Too dark, the back ground doesn't highlight the pen it detracts from it. The pen has more than enough bling factor on its own.

BKind2Anmls

The pen is very nice but I agree the background detracts. If you want to include it in your picture, perhaps you could try laying a piece of light gauze across the "stone" to mute the colors and reflect more light.

hewunch

Be careful or the blob will eat your really nice pen. :biggrin:
Seriously, I think the pen looks great but it gets lost on the background.

Daniel

you needed longer exposure, but then the bright spots on the metal of the pen would become more of a problem. not only do you need more light. you need a different light. defused and not the flash on your camera. As for the background. it depends on what effect you where going for. This woudl be a great way to photograph a camouflage pen for example. So if you where going for that comparison effect I think it works pretty well with the light adjustment Roy made. still to much flash in the metal though.. Lighting is hard to get a grip on. stick with it.

redbulldog

Personally I like the background, I have always liked Malachite. It is a beautifu stone and very easy to work with. Of course I also like lapidary, look at the bullseye in the background "stone".

Top Bottom