New Ebonite FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dgscott

dgscott

...with alumilite finial, center band, and bottom. C&C welcome, and thanks for looking.
Doug

Attachments

• Two tone Ebonite_.jpg
    Two tone Ebonite_.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 172
  • Two tone Ebonite-c.jpg
    Two tone Ebonite-c.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 124
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Doug we need to talk! You and a couple of others on here are doing great things with kitless designs. What size tap and dies are you using for the cap to nib?

Texatdurango

...with alumilite finial, center band, and bottom. C&C welcome, and thanks for looking.
Doug

Don't know what c&c means, I'm guessing... critiques and comments, if so, I have a critique/comment. :)

Where the nib section meets the lower body threads, it appears that there is a mismatch with the section being wider than the threads. Is that the case or is it the angle of the photo?

I do like the idea of using black alumilite pieces........ nice looking overall!

Do you thread the finial onto the cap?

dgscott

What size tap and dies are you using for the cap to nib?

Thanks!

The section connects to the barrel with a 10x1 thread. The cap connects to the barrel with a 12x1. Unfortunately, I don't have triple and quadruple start threading down yet, but the cap only takes three turns before it's on securely.

Doug

dgscott

Where the nib section meets the lower body threads, it appears that there is a mismatch with the section being wider than the threads. Is that the case or is it the angle of the photo?

I do like the idea of using black alumilite pieces........ nice looking overall!

Do you thread the finial onto the cap?

Actually, it's an optical illusion -- the major diameter of the thread is 12mm, the minor is 11.5. The base of the section juuuuuuust squeezes in at 11.4.

The finial is epoxied to the cap -- gonna be in there forever.

Doug

Top Bottom