New Design - Christian Flag Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from byounghusband

Status
Not open for further replies.

byounghusband

This is a design that has been in my mind for a while and I worked with one engraver who did not seem to understand my vision.

Then when I was at Ken Nelson's site, I saw the Texas Flag Pen and figured that he could do it if anyone can. I emailed him and he said, "No Problem"

This pen is made of three different blanks for the top part. 1 plain curly maple, one blue dyed curly maple and one red dyed curly maple.
He turned each one round and then cut 1/4 of the plain blank away. He then cut a blue piece to go where he cut out the plain, then he cut the cross from the red piece and the cross hole in the blue.

He sent me the pieces.
The cross had to be broken into two or three pieces to fit in the hole because of the angles of the cross (remember it was cut out of a round piece of red blank.)I broke one blank in the process of putting the pen together and tore up another pen kit too.

So this is what came out. Tell me what you think.

200632717532_138.jpg

2006327175319_da42.jpg

(edited to clean this post up...)[^]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pete00

congrats on getting your design out of your head and into a pen, ...[:D]
Just my opinion, I would put the cross vertical with a solid color background.

your hard work paid off.....

byounghusband

Thanks for the thought and opinions. I did the pen this way because it is the closest representatin of the Christian Flag I could come up with.

The Christian Flag being 3/4 white with the upper left corner being blue (similar to the American Flag) and the red cross in the middle of the blue corner. Doing the cap part all blue with the cross vertical, wouldn't be as close. It will make a nice pen, IMHO, just not what I was shooting for.

I do have two blanks like that and will get them turned later.

The cross only goes to the tube, as the blue is 1/4 of the cap end.

Thanks Again!!![:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom