new at celtic knots

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elody21

elody21

These are the pens I made a while back for my husbands nephew and his new wife. Hers is made with holly and the knot is Irish bog oak. His is African black wood with a holly knot. The entire theme of the wedding was Irish including bagpipes so these fit right in.
If some of you remember I was in a panic the day before the wedding because I could not get the finish to dry. this is when that terribly humid weather was in the midwest.
thank you for those who helped me learn CA finish. It worked great. I ended up mailing them the pens later.
I used the directions from Ed Blysard for making the jigs for cutting the knots. It worked very well and was worth the short time it took to make the jigs. Thanks Ed for sharing
Alice

Attachments

• celtic knots.jpg
    celtic knots.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 298
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sgimbel

Alice, Are those directions for the jig available? I lived in N Aurora for 10 years. Pretty part of Illinois along the Fox River.

Last edited:

elody21

thanks guys,
The pens looked much better in real life. I wish I would have gotten a better picture before I sent them.
I finally found the directions Making a Celtic Knot Pen Ed Blysard.pdf. The site was Wood work forum. If you enter the name Ed Blysard and celtic knot pen jig on Google the place will come up. I think you have to register with the site.
As long as you follow the directions the jig works really well each time.
One mistake I made at the beginning, was, that the blank was not perfectly square.
I have been playing around with corian celtic knot pens. As soon as I can find my camera I will post them.
Good luck
Alice

Last edited:

elody21

You are very right Dave. I cannot believe I have done without it for 8 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom