New cast resins

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elody21

Status
Not open for further replies.

elody21

This pen is done entirely of polyester resin The pieces are meant to resemble abalone
2005612131310_2ndabalone.JPG
.org/for

2005612115630_prabalone.jpg

This pen is done with real abalone and cast in Polyester resin

2005612135018_abalonenew.jpg

2005612171555_opalresin2.jpg

This pen is does in all polyester resin. The pieces are made to resemble opals

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Now your getting fancy, On my Worship team it would be called "Showing Off"[:)]
gives me some ideas for my little bottle of crushed up opal though. plus I have soem pieces of Mother of Pearl I've been waiting for an Idea for. they all came out looking great.

Deere41h

Hey Alice those are really beautiful. I like the way you have added real character and depth to your castings. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Ben

Originally posted by elody21

This pen is done with real abalone and cast in Polyester resin

BE VERY CAREFUL!!! TO ANYONE OUT THER WORKING W/ ABALONE SHELL, ALWAYS WEAR A RESPIRATOR!!! THE DUST FROM THE SHELL CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS, EVEN FATAL IF BREATHED IN ENOUGH... It's not even reccommended that you tumble them in a rock tumbler because of the build up of toxic gasses inside the tumbling drums... and oh, one more thing, ABSOLUTLY GORGEOUS PENS!!! THEY ARE STUNNING!!! I can also appreciate how you were able to "Think outside the Wood"[;)] Take care,

Ben

I'm guessing they're glued to the tube that you painted black? totally AWESOME!! We did some experimenting ourselves this weekend---hopefully the PR will TURN! LOL Two fun pens- perhaps will post by Friday or Saturday. I think experimenting with resins could be addictive!!! Now you've got my brain going...Mike's gonna wanna kill me!

Fleabit

I don't think you can get much closer to looking like abalone as you did there. I like the idea and the pens came out looking sweet! The second one made out of real abalone has my vote due to more pieces in the casting. Good job on all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom